Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lovely Highlighter for Cheekbones, Browbones, etc.

     I've been on the hunt for a great highlighter to give my cheekbones that lovely "glow from within" look. I wanted one that would look natural and highlight my cheekbones with subtle shimmer, not glitter. Since I'm pretty much strictly a drugstore makeup user, my options were limited. I found one that seemed nice, Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls, but, at about $14, it cost more than I wanted to spend. So the search went on. I had heard that a few of Hard Candy's blushes made for nice highlighters, but I tried one and I didn't really notice it on my skin at all. Then, it finally hit me, why not try a shimmery eyeshadow? Duh! There's a wide variety of drugstore brand eyeshadows as reasonable prices to choose from.  The next time I was at Walmart, I came across Cover Girl's Professional Eye Enhancers eyeshadow in Champagne, which is a pretty, very subtly shimmery eyeshadow in a creamy beige-ish color. It works fantastically! It provides just enough shimmer to highlight without having annoying pieces of glitter or being too over the top. And at only around $3, it's a steal as far as highlighters go! If the shade Champagne doesn't work for you, you can still check out other eyeshadows in various brands and colors to find what does work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I certainly appreciate them and will respond as soon as I can. Gracias!