Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Music (for me anyways) : Pomplamoose

Recently, while watching a YouTube video about makeup, as I often do when I should be doing homework or anything more productive, I heard an awesome song as the intro/background music. Luckily the YouTuber included a link to the YouTube page of Pomplamoose, the artists of said song. I couldn't wait to check out their other songs, I barely finished watching the original video (but, it was a good video so I stayed tuned)!
          According to Wikipedia (yes, I know that it's not always completely accurate, but I'll take its word on this)
"Pomplamoose is an American indie music and indie jazz duo consisting of multi-instrumentalists Jack Conte and Nataly Dawn. The band was formed in the summer of 2008.[2][3] The duo sold approximately 100,000 songs online in 2009.[4]"
They apparently first got popular via YouTube & Myspace. Since gaining popularity, their songs have been used for at least a couple of different commercials, specifically car commercials.
           I love indie music (a lot of it, not all of it though), so for me, their music is right up my alley! I really suggest you check them out, even if you don't like indie music. They have a unique sound that is quite refreshing. They have their own songs, as well as some terrific cover songs (which I also love), including covers of older songs, such as "Mister Sandman", to new hits, like Beyonce's "Single Ladies" and Lady Gaga's "Telephone". But of course, all of their cover songs have their special Pomplamoose touch. They also have cute and quirky videos for their songs. You've got to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I certainly appreciate them and will respond as soon as I can. Gracias!