Friday, June 25, 2010

Cheaper Daily Self-Tanner/"Natural Glow"

With summer here (and if you are in my area, miserably hot weather, as well), most of us are showing more skin and would like a little bit of a tan. And since we all know that we should NOT lay out in the sun & especially NOT go to tanning beds, then we need a way to achieve a nice tan or at least a nice "glow". Fake tanning lotions are perfect for this! Using a daily or gradual self-tanner can be one of the easiest ways to achieve a natural sun-kissed looked. If you love how all the gradual or daily self-tanners (which are just self-tanners diluted with lotion so it takes longer to actually get to the tan color), like Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer, give your skin a subtle tan & glow, but think the price for them is a little too much, or, if like in my case the tanner in them isn't quite dark enough for you, then you might want to try this. ***To make my own version of a gradual self-tanner, I simply mix up regular fake tanner with lotion. Since I'm basically diluting the fake tanner, whenever I apply it, I don't have to worry about streaks as much. This works just as well as the store bought daily tanning lotions, allows me to get just the right darkness, and it's cheaper. (If you're wondering how it's cheaper, you can buy a whole bottle of regular self-tanner for usually the same price of a bottle of the daily tanner, & once you mix it with lotion, which is cheaper, you get way more product & more for your money.).....One of my favorite self-tanners is Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion in the dark color. It costs about $7-$9 at most stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I certainly appreciate them and will respond as soon as I can. Gracias!